- Delivery Beds
- Water Birth
- Birthing Systems
- Active Birth Equipment
- Neonatal Cots & Tables
- Croyde Height Adjustable Overbed Cot
- Croyde Height Adjustable Cot + Storage
- Croyde Height Adjustable Compact Baby Assessment Table
- Croyde Height Adjustable Baby Assessment Table
- Croyde Fixed Height Baby Assessment Table
- Aquatherm Warming Mattress & Hot Cot
- Croyde Co-Sleeper Cot
- Croyde Baby Change Station
- M-300 Baby Scales
- Tipper Tub Baby Bath
- Infant Feeding Chairs
- Recliners & Sleeper Chairs
- Wall Beds & Specialist Beds
- Mood Lighting & Decor
- Gynae Chairs, Couches & Lights
- Graciella Gynaecological Examination Chair
- Gynaecological Examination Couch
- Croyde Clinnova Suturing Couch
- Croyde 2 Section Examination Couches
- Croyde 3 Section Examination Couches
- Croyde Diasys Examination Light
- Croyde marLED E1 Examination Light
- Croyde Operator Stools
- Croyde Saddle Stool
- Ergokneeler for Low Height Working
- Bedside Furniture
- Birth Room Gallery
- Demo Videos
- About Us
- Contact Us
Croyde® Birthing Couch
Support natural birth with the Croyde Birthing Couch – a birthing couch, seat and overnight double bed, all in one.
The Croyde Birthing Couch helps women find their most comfortable positions during labour and delivery. It supports natural and active childbirth with three setups:
- Unfolded couch
- Folded over seat or base
- Queen-size double bed
The unfolded, full-length birthing couch provides additional space so the mother can find her most comfortable position. It also encourages engagement with the birth partner.
The folded couch delivers a comfortable, supportive seat or kneeling base, with additional positions for the midwife or partner. It provides standing labour support through extra height.
Double Bed Configuration
The couch can transform into a queen-size double bed for spacious postnatal resting or sleeping. To set up, simply insert the positioning wedge into the base of the couch.
The surface of the couch-bed maximizes comfort and immersion through a visco-elastic memory foam topper.
Watch a brief product video demonstration.
Set Up & Ergonomics
The couch is easy to move around the room as it comes with a transport base and handles. One person can set it up alone. It’s ergonomically friendly, with minimal lifting required.
The birth couch is covered with two high-quality, medical-grade fabrics. One internal cover protects the foam, and the outer cover encases them both. They are:
- Two-way stretch
- Breathable for maximum performance and comfort
All zips are water repellent and protected by double waterfall flaps that repel fluids. The zips and light underside of the covers make it easy to inspect internal areas.
PU taping on the seams gives the fabric extra strength and durability to further resist fluid ingress, even under intense strain. The taping is monolithically bonded into the material during the manufacturing process. The fabric is seamless, with just one piece for easy cleaning.
Croyde Birthing Couch – Product Code – CBC
Birthing couch with folding capability, transport base with handles, kneeling mat and positioning wedge.
The optional storage cover can have any logo or text printed onto it. For example: “Donated by The Friends of Maternity Services”.
Croyde Birthing Couch Plus – Product Code – CBC+
Includes the same specification as above but adds a Croyde Birthing Beanbag and a Croyde Positioning Pillow.