- Delivery Beds
- Water Birth
- Birthing Systems
- Active Birth Equipment
- Neonatal Cots & Tables
- Croyde Height Adjustable Overbed Cot
- Croyde Height Adjustable Cot + Storage
- Croyde Height Adjustable Compact Baby Assessment Table
- Croyde Height Adjustable Baby Assessment Table
- Croyde Fixed Height Baby Assessment Table
- Aquatherm Warming Mattress & Hot Cot
- Croyde Co-Sleeper Cot
- Croyde Baby Change Station
- M-300 Baby Scales
- Tipper Tub Baby Bath
- Infant Feeding Chairs
- Recliners & Sleeper Chairs
- Wall Beds & Specialist Beds
- Mood Lighting & Decor
- Gynae Chairs, Couches & Lights
- Graciella Gynaecological Examination Chair
- Gynaecological Examination Couch
- Croyde Clinnova Suturing Couch
- Croyde 2 Section Examination Couches
- Croyde 3 Section Examination Couches
- Croyde Diasys Examination Light
- Croyde marLED E1 Examination Light
- Croyde Operator Stools
- Croyde Saddle Stool
- Ergokneeler for Low Height Working
- Bedside Furniture
- Birth Room Gallery
- Demo Videos
- About Us
- Contact Us
Croyde Electric Maternity Recliner Chair
The Croyde Electric Maternity Chair aids sitting, reclining, and rising at the touch of a button, and supports women who have undergone invasive surgeries.
The Benefits of an Electric Maternity Recliner Chair
Click to watch the video:
Post Surgery Comfort and Recovery
The Croyde Electric Maternity Chair aids sitting, reclining, and rising at the touch of a button.
It makes the immediate postnatal period more comfortable for women who have restricted mobility, who are experiencing pelvic girdle pain or are recovering from invasive procedures. For women who have undergone a caesarean section, it reduces the use of abdominal muscles and back strain by gently lifting them to a standing position.
The chair has a significant weight capacity of 120kg with an optional upgrade to 160kg (25 stones) to accommodate clients that need more support.
Infant Feeding Benefits
The chair also facilitates ideal infant feeding positions for mother and baby. The reclining backrest allows babies to feed in the semi-recumbent chest-to-chest position that is most comfortable for the mother. Padded armrests give comfortable arm placement and support the chosen feeding position.
For partners and carers, the chair positions them perfectly for skin-to-skin contact when bonding with the baby.
Footstool & Infant Feeding Pillow
The Croyde Maternity Recliner “Set” includes the optional footrest and feeding pillow to give even greater support to mother and baby.
The angled footrest gives appropriate support and stability when the chair is in the upright position.
The infant feeding pillow supports optimum feeding positions, reducing the need for women to bring additional items into hospital, thus increasing available space.
Both the footrest and the infant feeding pillow are available to purchase separately.
Designed for Maternity Wards
The Croyde Electric Maternity Chair provides a multi-use bedside package for maternity wards:
- Support overnight stays without needing additional equipment, replicating the home environment and improving bonding with birth partners
- The high-winged backrest gives neck and shoulder support and provides privacy in bay areas
Easy to Move and Clean
Wheels allow easy movement within the room and foot activated brakes anchor the chair without needing to bend down.
Compatible with hospital approved wipes and chlorine based cleaning solutions, the Croyde Electric Maternity Recliner is perfectly suited for use in high traffic, multi-use ward areas.
Seat Depth: 510mm
Seat Width: 510mm
Arm Width: 130mm
Backrest Height: 710/740mm
Total Height: 1140mm
Total Width: 740mm
Seat to Floor Height: 480mm
Safe Working Load: 127kg (20 stones)
Upgraded Safe Working Load: 160kg (25 stones)
Exploring the Evidence
Dr Kathryn Gutteridge, independent Consultant Midwife; explains the benefits of creating family centred services and the importance of avoiding separation.
This article was published in The Practising Midwife Journal, January 2021.