- Delivery Beds
- Water Birth
- Birthing Systems
- Active Birth Equipment
- Neonatal Cots & Tables
- Croyde Height Adjustable Overbed Cot
- Croyde Height Adjustable Cot + Storage
- Croyde Height Adjustable Compact Baby Assessment Table
- Croyde Height Adjustable Baby Assessment Table
- Croyde Fixed Height Baby Assessment Table
- Aquatherm Warming Mattress & Hot Cot
- Croyde Co-Sleeper Cot
- Croyde Baby Change Station
- M-300 Baby Scales
- Tipper Tub Baby Bath
- Infant Feeding Chairs
- Recliners & Sleeper Chairs
- Wall Beds & Specialist Beds
- Mood Lighting & Decor
- Gynae Chairs, Couches & Lights
- Graciella Gynaecological Examination Chair
- Gynaecological Examination Couch
- Croyde Clinnova Suturing Couch
- Croyde 2 Section Examination Couches
- Croyde 3 Section Examination Couches
- Croyde Diasys Examination Light
- Croyde marLED E1 Examination Light
- Croyde Operator Stools
- Croyde Saddle Stool
- Ergokneeler for Low Height Working
- Bedside Furniture
- Birth Room Gallery
- Demo Videos
- About Us
- Contact Us
Croyde Height Adjustable Cot
Bring mother and baby closer with the Croyde Height Adjustable Overbed Cot. A hospital baby crib that improves neonatal patient safety.
- Reduce the risk of infant falls
- Improve caregiver ergonomics
- Provide closer and more frequent contact between mothers and babies
Product Code – BM1-HAC-75mm
Neonatal Patient Falls – The Issue
The clinical paper “Assessment and Management of Babies Who Are Accidentally Dropped in Hospital” was released by the NHS in May 2019 (NHS/PSA/RE/2019/002).
Between 1st September 2017 and 31st August 2018, the NRLS identified a total of 250 reports of babies being accidentally dropped.
182 incidents (72.8%) occurred in obstetric/midwifery units, mostly as a result of “mothers accidentally dropping their baby or losing hold of their babies when drowsy or asleep”.
The Overbed Cot Solution
The Croyde Height Adjustable Overbed Cot glides under the bed, putting baby in front of Mum. This allows constant and easy access, facilitating more frequent skin-to skin contact, and promotes maternal bonding.
The mother can place the baby back in the cot without having to leave the bed. This lowers the risk of her falling asleep with the baby because the cot is too far away.
The minimal bulk of the cot and its ability to be stored over the bed reduce bedside clutter, and minimises the risk of falls or collisions with furniture.
The Benefits of an Overbed Cot
Click to watch the video:
The Overbed cot can be raised and lowered in one simple smooth movement to achieve the desired height.
- Eliminate bending or stooping and reduce musculoskeletal strain on the midwife’s back and shoulders.
- Make access easier for women who have undergone caesarean sections or complex births.
- Deliver effective new-born examination and enhanced observations at the bedside by adjusting to the height of the clinician and reducing maternal separation.
- Head elevation supports a new baby’s delicate digestive system to keep milk down and aid wind to move up.
Easy to Move and Clean
Height adjustment makes cleaning the cot easy by moving it to the perfect working height for wiping.
With its column design and open space construction, all areas are easily accessible for cleaning.
It is compatible with hospital approved cleaning solutions and wipes and designed for use in high traffic wards.
It is also lightweight and easy to move whilst still being stable and durable.
Installed Projects Gallery
Gas spring height adjustment (range 970 to 1,240mm)
Four easy roll 75mm castors for smoother transport. Lightweight design for ease of moving (55mm castors available – please specify on order)
Two castors with braking mechanism for added stability and security
Removable accessories basket (KR-01ST) mounted onto aluminium upright
ABS plastic cover protects base frame
Transparent tub, removable for ease of cleaning and supplied with waterproof mattress
Trendelenburg position +/- 6o to permit head elevation
Powder-varnished aluminium frame
Choice of colours available
Removable shelf basket
with attachment hooks – 335 x 405 x 90mm